Thursday, April 23, 2009

Women Behind Bars

I just saw a story on the news this morning about a woman named Ms. Primoff. She kicked her daughter out of the car and drove home to her million dollar house in Scarsdale, NY. This caught my attention because I live in the area. She was arrested when she went to go pick up her daughter at the police station later that day and spent a night in jail. She is currently out on $1500 bail. I'm assuming she has been under some stress lately since she is a bankruptsy lawyer.
In order to heal the bond between mother and daughter I'm trying to think of movies they can watch together. A film with Barbara Stanwick perhaps. No, wait! I know this is about 10 years outside of the relm of Pre-code, but I think a little evening on the couch with popcorn and Mildred Pierce my start a dialouge going. Sounds like this 10 year old daughter is not that innocent. A sense a little Veda in the works.
If this mom is simply just overworked and under appreciated, maybe the sweet, post code film Stella Dallas could bring them together just in time for Mother's day. This film is why the Lifetime channel exists.
If it was simply a "You don't understand me" arguement, the a little Our Dancing Daughters will be interesting. It shows that young women have been rebelling and mother's have been frustrated for years.
If the mother is just nuts, well then Night Nurse has a great abusive mother in it. This girl should be grateful her mother is not trying to make money off of her dying.
Ah...the recession. We will be experiencing more and more unstable parental behavior.
Try to look to the Pre-code films for a commisuration with it all.

No comments: