Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Snakes on a train

So the Swine Flu has been bumped up by the World Health Organization to a level four and the cases in the US have gone from 10 to 50. Our quarentine is going to last awhile. So let's explore what really has been bugging us all lately. The Man. The man who gets it all, keeps it all, wants it for free, whines too much has no real identity beyond his job and no real emotional investment in anyone other than himself. You know this guy. I had a bad altercation on a train recently after having survived a modern music concert and enjoyed a drink after the show. I had missed my train and had to take the 1:30 am train home which can be quite unpleasant. Not dangerous, just drunk. I was seated next to a gaggle of unbearable human beings. An older white man in a suit, a few younger very aggressive more casually dressed, they were joined later by more men in suits. Passing beers around and stories of prostitutes, cocaine and loud testiments to what their carnal plans were for women they saw on the street and didn't speak to.
I cracked and went after them. It was not pretty. There are reasons why someone like me takes on these creatures, knowing I'm outnumbered and that they are ultimately more powerful. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of working for these people, I'm sick of putting up with them, I'm sick of them on bubble tv and I'm sick of people telling them they are fun or funny or interesting because they are sad and pathetic and shells of human beings. Luckily for me (and because I know exactly how to handle these people: Shock, humiliate, ignore and discard) I convinced the conductor the dispose of these dregs of society. They should also know, that NO ONE LIKES THEM RIGHT NOW! Now is not the time to swagger and brag about money, status and prowess. Now is not the time to wag your entitlement around. Try watching these fine films which Warner Brothers called "Americanism stories" The match king (1932), Skyscaper souls (1932) and States Attorney (1932). Really, really indulgent greed movies. These films make Gordan Gecko look like an amateur. Maybe by watching these films they may learn to get a little humility and think of others before they drop that prostitute off of the balcony.

No comments: