Tuesday, May 12, 2009

With Friends Like These

I have alot of good friends. Supportive, lovely people. I am a very lucky person. My friends and family have been incredibly supportive throughout the dating, engagement and my recent wedding. I have been thinking alot as to how to thank them. Thank you notes seem just not enough. Gifts seem to express the wrong thing. How would I ever buy them something that is the equivalent of what I feel. (Well I'm sure if I had the ability to give out cars no one would be to offended) This is my attempt to thank them. I was thinking of what precode films my friends may enjoy. My dear friend who assisted me in my wardrobe choices I was thinking this little gem I recently found. The Search for Beauty (1934) which is about debauched connoisseurs of young flesh. It just sounds like so much fun. Three on a Match is another one which I think is a good film. I love the idea that it is about girls talking about old times in a restaurant and light up a cigarette. (I don't think that the superstition that the third member to use the match will become unlucky is what I'm trying to suggest) What I like about it, is that it follows the lives of friends who separate, live their lives and then reunite.

No comments: